Grade II CertificateRegular price $200.00
Multisport Grade 2 Certificate Whitewater Course.
Total cost: $969
Online booking only requires a $200 deposit. Topsport will be in touch to arrange full payment. We have different payment options to suit.
- All whitewater kayaking equipment is provided
- No previous experience required
- Experienced and qualified instructors
- Coast to Coast approved Grade II Provider
- Registered and approved Adventure Activity Operator
The aim of this course is to introduce you to multi-sport kayaking in a safe and simple manner. Topsport Kayaking will teach you all the essential river skills you need to compete successfully in the Kathmandu Coast to Coast. Our instructors will share their river paddling expertise with you as well as useful tips and skills for racing.
The four-day course is split into two parts:
• Part One (Day One & Two) are taught in whitewater kayaks. Whitewater kayaks and all paddling equipment for the first two days of your course will be provided.
• Part Two (Day Three & Four) are in your own multi-sport boat. You may not have your own boat yet and that is fine. You can hire one of ours for $69.
Hiring a boat is a great way to try a good multi-sport kayak without the investment just yet.
We will cover the following skills throughout the program:
- Boat & Paddle setup
- Gear & Equipment
- Rolling your kayak
- Forward Strokes
- Sweep Strokes
- Ferry Glides
- Rapid and Bluff Running
- Picking Braids
- Identifying River Features and Hazards
- Swimming Skills
- Self Rescues & Throw-bagging
- Interpreting Weather & River Flow Data
* You will be emailed a full info pack once you have purchased the course.